Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blog #1 ^_^

The first obvious reason why I am taking this class is because it is a required course but beside that there are several reasons why i am taking it.I think writing is a way a to express yourself. Alot of times people judge what kind of person you are by the way you write. However if you are not good writer, your writing might affect the first impression of the readers towards you. I am not a very good writer and I dont really enjoy writing. Writing is not only required in english class. We sometimes have to do research paper in science courses or write a resume for job or college application. Even though I dont enjoy writing and it is my weakest subject, I still think that it is very important no matter what your intended major is.
Whether you are an engineer, pharmacist or news reporter,editor, writing is still part of your job. When I was in high school, I had to write 2-3 pages essays which are nothing compare to college papers. I think English 101 will be the course where I will start writing my first "real" essays and learn the actual writing skills.
As I mention before I am not a fan of writing but I would like to improve my writing skills. It will not only help me in other courses in school but also later on when I apply for jobs or graduate schools. English 101 will also prepare me for higher english level courses that I will be require to take. And hopefully this class will also improve my reading and communication skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment