Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blog#10

Personally I think it is hard to recognize mistakes while proof reading your own paper. Peer review in class is helpful because readers can easily recognize your mistakes and give you opinions on how to improve your paper rather than proof reading it yourself. I think it would be more helpful if the peer reviewer correct any errors that he sees and make comments on the paper instead of reading the paper to just answer the peer review questions. I think my strength as a peer reviewer is I can easily recognize the errors that writer make while reading but I can't really give a good advice on how writer can improve his overall paper. It is helpful to do peer review at the early stage of writing process especially that we are still new writers, and we can also pick up the skills in revising other's essays. Smaller groups in peer review would be better because everyone has different style of writing and advice, larger groups would be too complicated and writer won't be getting as much attention and advice to improve his paper. As in timing wise, the whole period of class time is enough to review a paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment